Repair of damaged System Blue
I have reciently received back from Falkland Islands (VP8) a system Blue. This system control box only shows a single red Led. The damage report suggested the PSU was damaged by a close proximity lighting strike. This appeared to have placed a very large voltage spike onto the PCB. There was no indication of a date when this strike happened. I'm not sure if this unit plus antennas ever really worked. I know there were local problems with linking to a computer for internet access particularly for long periods.

My real question is can this System Blue be returned for repair or at least a review.

Roger G0SWC  Confused
(2022-03-28, 21:13)Roger_G0SWC Wrote: I have reciently received back from Falkland Islands (VP8) a system Blue. This system control box only shows a single red Led. The damage report suggested the PSU was damaged by a close proximity lighting strike. This appeared to have placed a very large voltage spike onto the PCB. There was no indication of a date when this strike happened. I'm not sure if this unit plus antennas ever really worked. I know there were local problems with linking to a computer for internet access particularly for long periods.

My real question is can this System Blue be returned for repair or at least a review.

Roger G0SWC  Confused

Roger, sent you an email through the forum...
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020