Lonesome Stations
Today, I spend some time to watch die Google map for BO.

There are some (active) stations far far away from other (>1000km) :

993 - Maui, Hawaii - United States / Hawaii
 935 - Atalaya  and 665 - Cúcuta - Colombia
1267 - Sint Eustatius - Netherlands Antilles
 913 - Rio de Janeiro, Copacabana and 939 - Fundão - Brazil
1305 - Farm Tivoli - Namibia
1332 - Wolmanansstad
1352 - Pretoria - South Africa
987 - Armavir - Russian Federation
1365 - Doha - Qatar
1307 - Turar and 1357 - Almaty - Kazakhstan
1113 - Bangkok - Thailand
1303 - Hong Kong - China
844 - Rockingham - Australia
973 - Perth - Australia
966 - Darwin, Alawa and 915 - Darwin - Humpty Doo - Australia

The northernmost station is 184 - Inari, Ivalo - Finland, the southernmost is 1325 - Dunedin - New Zealand.

Whats' about the station in the Antarctic ?

Hope, I didn't forget one Wink

We need some stations in Alaska, Canada, Argentina, Chile, Russian Union, Japan ... Big Grin

Thomas
First station in Namibia (Southern Africa), look at #1305 !
Stations: 1006, 1305
I am currently in the process of assembling, and testing a brand-new system Red (station 1220), to be operated in Atlantic Canada.   So, at least a small part of your wish will soon be granted Wink

Cheers
Cool Lightning Lightning Lightning

Heart

1220 ???
1220 Greenbelt NASA Goddard Space Flight Cent... United States / Maryland Idle 2015-08-17 18:43

Thomas
Oops, my bad.  That's my user number.  I still have to properly register the system..  But I should be in a position to do that within the next week.  I just got a lock on the GPS system, first crack so looks like all the soldering is A1 right out of the gate.

Cheers
Stations: 1384
I would like to see more station in Hawaii.

A start maybe working with the University of Hawaii as they have several campuses.

Be interesting if they would operate stations at each campus.

https://www.hawaii.edu/campuses/

Also there is Brigham Young University-Hawaii in Laie.

http://byuh.edu/

Possibility of up to 11 more stations at different locations across the islands, if they are willing to get involved.
(2015-08-22, 00:16)kevinmcc Wrote: I would like to see more station in Hawaii.

A start maybe working with the University of Hawaii as they have several campuses.

Be interesting if they would operate stations at each campus.

https://www.hawaii.edu/campuses/

Also there is Brigham Young University-Hawaii in Laie.

http://byuh.edu/

Possibility of up to 11 more stations at different locations across the islands, if they are willing to get involved.
Great Lightning

Get in touch with our good friend "Lonesome" Stan (Silversword) in Maui... our BT pioneer out there!...
... best way would be through WxForum.Net... you'll have to register to get his profile... any problems,
PM me...   http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action=profile;u=2854

He can be a great contact, then we could go from there... especially with System BLUE on the horizon!
Stan currently sends to both Oceania, and North America, unless that's changed recently, so he's all
by himself in the middle of the Pacific....

Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2015-08-17, 19:44)Aythya Wrote: I am currently in the process of assembling, and testing a brand-new system Red (station 1220), to be operated in Atlantic Canada.   So, at least a small part of your wish will soon be granted Wink

Cheers

Nice to see another Atlantic Canadian on the board. I'd love to put up a fully assembled station and feed it in. Just have to wait patiently until Blue comes online :Smile

Wx today in Sydney... Thunder to the left of me, thunder to the right!
(2015-08-23, 19:27)RadBaron Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 19:44)Aythya Wrote: I am currently in the process of assembling, and testing a brand-new system Red (station 1220), to be operated in Atlantic Canada.   So, at least a small part of your wish will soon be granted Wink

Cheers

Nice to see another Atlantic Canadian on the board. I'd love to put up a fully assembled station and feed it in. Just have to wait patiently until Blue comes online :Smile

Wx today in Sydney... Thunder to the left of me, thunder to the right!

I think Aythya's correct info is "1384" in New Brunswick...   we're working with a few new stations in "Americas" (region 3) for optimization, and there has been some confusion... ???

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
[quote pid='10434' dateline='1440358683']

I think Aythya's correct info is "1384" in New Brunswick...   we're working with a few new stations in "Americas" (region 3) for optimization, and there has been some confusion... ???
[/quote]

Yes, it is indeed 1384..   Going to ultimately get both H-field and E-field amps tweeked, and running at the same time  (if work and everything else would stop getting in the way, LOL!)

Cheers,
Hal
(2015-08-16, 17:55)Knickohr Wrote: Today, I spend some time to watch die Google map for BO.

There are some (active) stations far far away from other :

1113 - Bangkok - Thailand

Thomas

Here is Chiang Mai, 650 km north of Bangkok (1113), west of HongKong (could make sense for better position), and  found this website, and was watching Thunderstorms since age of 12 ...
So when blue comes out, and I get one, I will use my large area out of town to fix.
Would like to have contact to station 1113 in Bangkok. MAy be should find some more in Isaan (East Thailand) getting a triangle ?

Connected via TOT 1.024 Down, 512 up, Wifi, 4 km to Main station.

Greets from Thomas (a German in Thailand)
Hey Thomas !

Yes, it can be lonely out here. I had hoped by now that the other kits shipped to South Africa would be online by now, from ealier discussions there were 4? kits other than mine shipped to SA, sadly they seem to never have come online.

We have our storm season about to start here in Johannesburg within a few weeks ( Spring is here already ! ), and I had hoped that we would have had a station or two more online, to be ready for this year's storms. In fact we already had some storms here in Johannesburg 21st Aug + Cape Town 23rd Aug ( very uncharacteristic ), sadly none of those two events were recorded and reported in BO. I had kept a very close eye on the progress of those events, even tried retrieveing data from the archives, but alas found nothing. At the time wolmoransstadt was offline, maybe we could have caught it if he was online. He pays dearly for data usage unfortunately ... I would think he will remain offline until things really hot up here in S Africa.

If someone has a spare / unwanted kit for sale / lying around and could consider passing it on my way I could get it installed near East London ( in the Eastern Cape ), nicely positioned between Farm Tivoli, Womeransstadt and Pretoria to make up 4 stations in S Africe with some good location potential.

Roger
Stations: 1352
not sure there are still spares available but in France, Thomas bought several kits for resell after assembly (or not)

maybe he has still what's needed. On the french forum there is a form to fill in : http://www.blitzortung.fr/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=305

if needed I can contact the people for you if language is a barrier (Clement comes over on this forum like me and he's an admin over there)
Stations: 1476
(2015-08-29, 19:28)Eric.Wouters Wrote: not sure there are still spares available but in France, Thomas bought several kits for resell after assembly (or not)

maybe he has still what's needed. On the french forum there is a form to fill in : http://www.blitzortung.fr/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=305

if needed I can contact the people for you if language is a barrier (Clement comes over on this forum like me and he's an admin over there)

It's too bad that with the delay of the new system "Blue", that more system red kits couldn't be churned-out for assembly, and distribution.  I think I literally bought the very last "Red" kit from Egon last month.  At least I got it running; there is a serious lack of stations up here in Canada.

All the best,
Hal
I want to create an graph like this with all "lonesome" stations (>1000km distance) :

[Image: lonesome_l.png]

My problem is to get data from all stations together. I found data for region 1, 2 and 3 in separate files, but not in one file. Is there a file for download from the server ?

http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.gz

Thomas

MOD EDIT:  remove non-public access code Big Grin
i merge them locally

Code:
for region in 1 2 3; do curl -s http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.gz |gunzip ; done
MOD EDIT:  remove non-public access code Big Grin
Stations: 233
OK,

how do you handle the duplicates ?

Thomas
You mean the stations that belong to two or more regions? Umm. Good question, I wasn't considering this. I guess it picks the first one.
But i don't combine the regions for the xy-scatter-diagram, just for the 50/500/5000-efficiency-database.

Could be a bit more difficult to handle duplicates. I'd rewrite the station-id's to include the region number, like "1-233".
Ignor-bit ON !

Just overwrite it Wink  If station is found in another region too, the graph will plot it over the old point. It's such easy  Big Grin

(see graph above)

Uhhh, lonesome stations are not much efficient, some of them are really signal-jammer (mine too  Rolleyes ).

Thomas
(2015-09-07, 12:32)Knickohr Wrote: Uhhh, lonesome stations are not much efficient, some of them are really signal-jammer (mine too  Rolleyes  ).

Well it depends. It appears efficiency to not only be a function of signals, strikes and distance to strikes, but also station density.
I ran out of dimensions while trying to visualize this Big Grin
Yes, correct.

An graph which shows density or distance vs. strikes or efficiency/effectivity would be helpful.

Thomas