Backlinks to own website
Hi there,

I was wondering if there's any (additional) benefit from buying and running such hardware (except from better lightning localisation). I was thinking of a backling from the main-site blitzortung.org to my own website, where e.g. I could describe what we are doing here.

I was searching for an existing thread, but could not find. If there's one pls (re)move this entry.

Thanks and best regards,

Swissmac
You can add backlinks to every user and station entry.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2015-08-10, 11:20)Tobi Wrote: You can add backlinks to every user and station entry.

Thanks - sorry - don't get the point. On two of your 4 stations provided there's a like like "Website:www.lightningmaps.org" - are you talking about this? 
I was more thinking about something like this:  http://www.suncoastnoslip.com/weather-in-seminole/ which is small description about my weather station and if I would buy lightning detection equipment I was thinking about adding some similar page for this purpose and it would be nice to get a backlink to this page. Hope I was able to explain so you can follow ....

Thanks Swissmac
You can add URLs to each of your own stations. I don't know why the links are not shown on Blitzortung.org, but you can see it on Lightningmaps.org.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2015-08-24, 14:11)Tobi Wrote: You can add URLs to each of your own stations. I don't know why the links are not shown on Blitzortung.org, but you can see it on Lightningmaps.org.

OK - thank you!
Backlinks are definitely very beneficial for you to get started with the business promotions. I also think that people need to promote their businesses in the smart manner. I have been learning various skills on the internet and recently decided to give a try to Google Adwords Campaign Management. Hopefully will get good results!
This forum is Primarily for registered Blitzortung Operators, and much of it's content is only available to Blitzortung Operators. It is generally a 'technical'  website, not a social or commercial platform. The "Public" forums are general "courtesy" (or rare specific "Problem" solving) boards,  with the exception of the 'Non-English' board, which should be viewed as an "exception" and used on a limited basis....The default Project  Language is English by general scientific convention.

Guests and Non-Operators ("Regostered Forum Member") have limited privileges, and all posted links are monitored for appropriate content, type. "Blitzortung Operators"  and more 'elevated" groups have abilkity to add website links,  etc.  Blitzortung operators are encouraged to add their 'weather related' or Blitzortung specific website lins in both thier profile, and their signaturre... but Operators only have the signature privilege.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020